Lab Filter Paper
Great Lakes Filters has been a trusted supplier of technical lab filter paper since 1951. Our die-cutting, slitting and rerolling services provide our clients with custom solutions.
- Whatman Lab Filter Replacements
- Ahlstrom Lab Filter Replacements
- Macherey-Nagel Lab Filter Replacements
- Schleicher & Schuell Lab Filter Replacements
- VWR Lab Filter Replacements
- Reeve-Angel Lab Filter Replacements
- Micro-Filtration Systems Grade Lab Filter Replacements
Our Filpaco line of filter papers has been trusted for quality, performance, and value in the largest pharmaceutical companies for decades.
Qualitative Filter Paper
- Qualitative grades of filter paper are, by definition, recommended for use in analytical methods, which determine or identify particulate constituents of a mixture irrespective of the amount present. Qualitative filter papers are often used in routine separation work that still requires high purity and consistent performance.
Quantitative Filter Paper
- Ashless Qualitative Filter Paper is used in several test methods. Commonly used filters in many standardized test methods, like gravimetric analysis and sample preparations. where a high-purity filter is preferred. Standard ashless grades do not contain any reinforcement agents.
- Hardened Low-Ash Filters – (Ash 0.01%) Suitable for routine gravimetric analysis and typical preparation of samples for use in analysis involving instrumental techniques. Low ash grades have intermediate ash content between qualitative grades and ashless grades.
- Hardened Ashless Grades (Ash 0.006%) These specially treated hardened ashless grades are available for critical quantitative analytical techniques requiring increased wet-strength and handling capacity. – Tough, smooth surface of these filters is free of loose fibers to better collect wet precipitates. – Manufactured from top quality cotton linters using ultra-pure, reverse-osmosis water, and further treated with dilute acid to remove organic and inorganic impurities. – High chemical resistance to strong acid and alkali solutions.
Cellulose Chromatography Paper
- Our Great Lakes paper product line also includes chromatography, electrophoresis, and blotting paper for use in gel transfer applications and chromatography techniques. These uniform, smooth, white sheets are the high purity, high quality, and high-value standard. They are used in nucleic acid research such as Southern, Northern, and Western blots, electroblotting, and electrophoresis. The chromatography, electrophoresis, and blotting papers are made from high purity and 100% FDA compliant alpha cotton cellulose, using ultra-pure RO water and contain no additives that could cause increased backgrounds or other interference in detection systems.
- Key Features:
- Controlled absorption
- Uniform absorption
- Consistency across the sheet
- Lot-to-lot consistency
- High purity, no sizing or fillers
- Excellent wet-strength and handling
- No hard spots or density variations
- No airborne fibers
- Custom cut
- Bulk packaging
Pre-Folded Qualitative Filter Paper
- Ask about our pleated grades. They allow a faster flow rate and pleating improves the effective surface area increasing flow rate and loading capacity thus decreasing filtration time. Pleated circles are available in 125mm to 500mm diameters.
Glass Microfiber Filters
- Glass microfiber filters are manufactured out of 100% pure borosilicate glass. Glass microfiber filters have wide applications in many areas of laboratory analysis, especially when fine filtration and high loading capacity are required. Applications for glass microfiber filters include environmental analysis for water, wastewater, testing of soils, air pollution and monitoring, research and process biochemistry, and gravimetric analysis involving ignition of samples.
- Qualitative analysis
- Laboratory analysis
- 100% pure borosilicate glass
- Rapid flow rate
- Fine particle retention
- 0.7µm – 3.1µm
- High loading capacity
- Chemical and thermal resistance (up to 500°C)
- Long shelf life
- Brilliant white color reflecting more than 96% of visible light
- Custom cut
Great Lakes Filters can custom cut filter paper to any size. We offer filter paper in circles, sheets, rolls, or custom shapes. We also specialize in filter paper for filter press machines and paper for sparkler and Niagara vessels.
See our cross-reference sheet below to find your GLF Grade:
|Great Lakes Lab Grade||Whatman Grade||Ahlstrom Grade||Schleicher & Schuell Grade||Macherey-Nagel Grade||Albet Grade||Micro Filtration Systems Grade||VWR Grade|
|24||1, 1 CHR||601||593, 597, 2040A||MN 616||2043A, 595||2|
|68||2, 2 CHR||642||2043B, 2045A.B||2043B, 593||131, 232|
|1260||3 CHR||237||22/2, 591, 2469, 5703||2040B, 591|
|1270||3MM CHR||238||598, 2316||346G|
|400||4, 4 CHR||631||595, 604, 2040A.B||2040A, 604||1|
|23||5||610||602||MN 619 de||602H||235||410|
|2113||20 CHR / 17 CHR||243||2668|
|008||31ET CHR||222||470, 740E|
|4033||40||74||589/2, 589/4||MN 640 m||589/5||3, 5B||474|
|4013||41||54||589/1||MN 640 w||589/1||454|
|4053||42||94||589/3||MN 640 d||589/3||5C||494|
|4054||50, 542||95||589/5, 1507||1507, 1574||4A|
|4034||52, 540||75||1506||1506, 1575||5A|
|4014||54, 541||55||1505||1505, 1573|
|10061||934-AH||161||GF30, GF50||MN 85/70 BF||161|
|6512||562||404 1/2, 410 1/2|
|6514||509||580 1/2, 597L 1/2, 2555 1/2|
|2515||615||MN 750 n||415|
*This is comparative data included herein, based on publicly available information. They are comparable grades, and not represented or warranted to be exact functional or performance equivalents. All users must make their own comparisons and determinations as to the suitability of any products for their intended end use.