In the article “Food and beverage: Filtration in the food and beverage industries,” as authored by Ken Sutherland on LinkedIn, we delve into the equipment marketplace catering to the production of both human and animal food products, as well as beverages, encompassing soft drinks and alcoholic beverages.
This sector encompasses a wide range of applications, including:
- Milk Bottling: Ensuring the quality of milk products.
- Cheese Making: Utilizing separation equipment extensively.
- Grain Milling: Essential for the manufacture of cereal and starch products.
- Mineral Water and Soft Drinks: Demanding fine filtration.
- Wine Production: Where filtration processes play a crucial role.
The production of food and beverages is a significant component of the separation equipment market. Precisely defining this sector involves minimal overlap with others. However, it’s important to note that the production of drinking water, although a sizable category, is distinct enough to form its own end-use sector and is not covered here.
Some classification challenges include the production of fermentation ethanol, used as fuel, beverage, or industrial chemical, and the use of animal or vegetable fats and oils for industrial purposes.
Click here to explore Acme Mills’ capabilities and products.
Photo and article with all rights reserved, courtesy of Ken Sutherland on linkedin.com