Speakers at the recent textiles coating and laminating conference in Berlin outlined likely areas of impact that change would have on automotive textiles. Watch their presentations to gain a better understanding of the issues and topics that this conference will address:
E-mobility and its impact on textiles and coated fabrics, (Silke Brand-Kirsch, Schlegel & Partners, Germany)
- Most observers of the transportation markets predict a high market penetration for electric-vehicles by 2030, but what key trends are driving this change and what obstacles are still to be overcome?
- How will this market re-alignment impact on the various applications of coated and laminated textiles, particularly with respect to the interior designs and acoustic properties of vehicles.
- How important is the need for vehicles to be made lighter in weight?
- What are the new opportunities for coated textiles and how should manufacturers prepare for these disruptive changes?
Coating and laminating as a means to create more durable and functional automotive components, (Matthew Williams, Director of Business Development, and Samit Sadavarte, Advanced R&D Manager, Haartz Corp, USA)
- The value of the market for coated fabrics in automotive interior and exterior trim parts is predicted to grow from US$5.95 billion in 2019 to US$7.42 billion by 2024, but what will drive this growth?
- What are the key materials and process technologies in this sector?
- What are the principal demands that must be met for future products?
- What are the key trends in the automotive industry that are underpinning these new demands?
- How can a supplier respond to these changes and needs?